. Dear followers we need your financial support to continue reporting you the voice of Christians in trouble. [Donate here]

Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park blast outcome: Another Christian succumbs to critical injuries


Another Christian who was critically injured as a result of the suicide blast at Lahore’ Gulshan-e-Park blast has passed away. The deceased, Tahira Gill, succumbed to her injures after more than a month of the incident. After the blast, Tahira was admitted in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Lahore’ Jinnah Hospital.

Anti-Christians attacks in Pakistan

55-years-old, Tahira was being administrated medical treatment and care during from the time she was brought to the hospital. However she could not survive and succumbed to her injuries and gave up her soul one month and eighteen days after the blast.

Also Read: Condemnation heaped on Muslims demanding Christians of Chak 44 to convert or leave

The 55-year-old Christian woman worked as a nurse in Lahore’s General Hospital. Tahira’ husband had already passed away some years ago, while her only child 23-year-old son, Zeeshan Gill is currently undertaking nursing training.

On March 27, Easter Sunday Tahira called her friend and her family to go on an outing with her after the Easter service. “We were eleven people in all. We had arrived at the park only 10 minutes before the blast,” Tahira’ friend said. “It was so crowded that we decided to go back. But a deluge of people was pouring in, and going back became almost impossible.”

The suicide bomber blew himself up on March 27, Easter Sunday’ evening in the heavily crowded Gulshan-e-Iqbal park in Lahore’ Allama Iqbal Town area. The blast killed mostly women and children who were enjoying an Easter weekend outing. Those dead and injured included several Christians. The attack provoked widespread condemnation from international community calling for more protection for Christian Pakistanis along with other religious minorities’ members.

A terror outfit has claimed responsibility of the attack stating that “Christians were the target.” This heinous attack was the deadliest incident since the December 2014 massacre of 134 school children at Army Public School in the city of Peshawar that prompted a military-led crackdown on militancy and terrorism.

As a result of this incident more than 80 people died, as the numbers may vary and dozens were injured. Shortly, after the blast a search operation was carried out against the terrorist elements in Punjab and massive crackdown resulted in arrests of suspected individuals from various parts of the province.