Interior minister of Egypt said that a gunman killed nine Christians on Friday. He attacked on Mar Mina (Orthodox) church and a Christian who was a shop owner near Cairo.
He killed nine people including six civilians and a policeman. Earlier reports said that there were two attackers, the one was shot dead and the other fled from the site but later caught.
The Islamic States(IS) claimed the responsibility that their soldiers committed the terror attack in Egypt Coptic church. The IS group claimed using Amaq news agency but it does not provide any evidence. An officer said that the terrorist first attacked the Coptic church. There he opened fire and tried to throw an explosive device but he was obstructed by the forces, said interior minister. Then he rushed to a Coptic owned store which was about 3 miles away from the Coptic church. He targeted two brothers in that shop.
In the past few years many Christians were killed due to the terror attack in Egypt. Most of the attacks were claimed by the Islamic States group.
Security forces were deployed around the Coptic churches during Christmas and New Year in response of the recent attacks. These forces were included rapid reaction forces,combat troops and jamming equipment.
Christians make only ten percent of the population in the Muslim majority country. Recently in October a Coptic Orthodox priest was attacked by an extremist, stabbed by a chopper and killed to death. In Egypt on palm Sunday about 45 people were killed in twin terror attack, last year.