PESHAWAR: The initial report into the deadliest ever attack on Church reveals one of the suicide bombers to be a woman.
A four-member committee was constituted to probe the deadliest attack on Christian community after the incident. The committee visited the blast site today while re-examining the evidences collected from the site. This committee is headed by SSP Investigation Peshawar has drafted a report of the incident today. According to the initial report,” At least 16 kilogram explosives were used in these blasts.”
According to the initial investigation into twin suicide attacks on the All Saints Church in Peshawar has revealed that,” one of the two attackers was a young woman.”
Officials on the other hand claim that, ”A woman, aged between 20 to 25 years, carried out second suicide attack soon after a male bomber blew himself up outside a 130-year-old Anglican church –All Saints Church – after Sunday Mass in Peshawar on 22nd of September, 2013.”
The officials further state that her body parts were recovered from the blast site, they say,” Head of one of the two suicide bombers and been found which would be sent to Lahore for the D.N.A test.”
According to eyewitness accounts the attackers between 25 to 30 years of age opened firing in the church and than hurled grenades, after which they blew up themselves. The report discloses that city’s security officials had already been warned about a possible attack.
Conversely eyewitness accounts vary noticeably from what the report says.
Some of the people, who witnessed the deadly attack told the investigating officers that the attackers were wearing police uniforms, while still others said,” They were Burqa-clad.”