Pope Francis offers condemnation of latest terrorist attacks in Egypt.
According to details, Pope Francis has offered “firm condemnation” of latest terrorist attacks in Cairo, Egypt’s Capital. In a wave of recent violence including one on July 11 in which the Italian consulate was targeted. The Vatican’s Secretary of State said in a telegram to Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.“The Pope calls on political and religious leaders at all levels to unite and increase their efforts to fight the plague of terrorism and promote peace and solidarity,” said Cardinal Pietro Parolin. “The Pope expresses his sincere compassion to all the families and people affected by these blind acts of violence.”Earlier on Saturday morning, a car bomb exploded outside the Italian Consulate in Cairo. As a result of this explosion at least one person was killed and nine others were sustained injuries. According to the authorities parts of the building were notably damaged as a direct result of the explosion.