. Dear followers we need your financial support to continue reporting you the voice of Christians in trouble. [Donate here]

Since Paris attacks US had admitted none of Christians refugees from Syria


Syrian Refugees

Since Paris attacks, US has not admitted any of the Christian refugees from Syria.

According to details, the US State Department has admitted 132 refugees from Syria since terrorist attacks in Paris. Reports have this that, all of the 132 refugees who are granted shelter in the United States are Muslims.

What is worth considering that Christians who make up the largest religious population after Sunni Muslims are altogether being ignored by the United States when it comes to taking them in as refugees. While among those who have been accepted as refugees, but these do not include religious minorities in Syria including Christian, Druze, Shi’ite, Alawite, or other religious minorities residing in Syria.

According to the State Department’s official record, the majority of those 132 Syrian refugees who have been permitted to resettle in the U.S. since November 13; include 72 males, 60 females. Out of the total 132 refugees, 39 which make 29.5% have been men between the ages of 14 and 50. While at the same time, 53 which make about 40% are children which aged under 14, out of whom, 30 are males and 23 females.

Also Read: An Egyptian woman killed by her family for converting to Christianity

In the wake of Paris attacks, there has been a tighter scrutiny, onto the issue of taking in refugees from Syria, in the midst of grave concerns that terrorists are sneaking into Europe in disguise of refugees; aiming to permeate into the Western countries via refugee resettlement programs.

United States has already announced to resettle 10,000 Syrian refugees into the US. In the course of last two months, 423 Syrian refugees have been admitted into the U.S., of whom 418 which make about 98.8 % were Sunni Muslims. While at the same time, the remaining five which account for 1.2% were Christians, out of these five; three were described as Catholics, one Orthodox and another one who was basically described as “Christian.”

In this regard a fact sheet presented by the State Department stated that the Syrian refugees who had been admitted to the U.S. since last two months were sanctioned to do so “only after the most extensive level of security screening of any category of traveller to the United States. None have been arrested or removed on terrorism charges.”

US State Department further stated that, refugees of all nationalities who are considered for admission to the U.S. “undergo a rigorous security screening involving multiple federal intelligence, security and law enforcement agencies. Mindful of the particular conditions of the Syria crisis, Syrian refugees go through an enhanced level of review.”