. Dear followers we need your financial support to continue reporting you the voice of Christians in trouble. [Donate here]

Supreme Court Hears Re-opened Case of Rimsha Masih



ISLAMABAD:  The Apex Court hears the re-opened blasphemy case of Rimsha Masih.


Supreme Court of Pakistan
Supreme Court of Pakistan

Despite the fact that the allegedly accused teenager has bid good-bye to the country for ever, the Supreme Court heard the application against Rimsha Masih today 9th of July 2013, in the second bench headed by Justice Tasadaq Hussain Gillani.



Earlier the sensational news of Rimsha Masih’s departure from Pakistan broke both in national and international media, publicizing her safe immigration to Canada. The International Christian Voice Canada, has officially confirmed Rimsha’s safe arrival in Canada. Rimsha’s lawyer Tahir Naveed Chaudhry told that the fearful family including Rimsha, her three sisters and a brother, and parents left for Canada two days before the dissolution of the National Assembly on 16th of March, 2013.



As reported earlier this year that the petitioner Malik Ummad filed an application in Supreme Court of Pakistan to re-open the blasphemy case against Rimsha  Masih challenging Islamabad High Court’s (IHC) decision; acquitting her of blasphemy charges whilst the Apex Court accepted his application. A bench of three headed by Justice Tasadaq Hussain Gillani admitted the petition to review the IHC’s decision to the Rimsha Masih case.




One of the most high-profiled cases of 2012, the blasphemy case of Rimsha Masih grabbed international attention when she was falsely accused of committing blasphemy and was booked by the police in August 2012. However, she was later on released from the prison in September 2012 after a dramatic turn in the case. Consequently, Supreme Court of Pakistan dismissed blasphemy charges against Rimsha Masih in January 2013; however, Malik Ummad’s petition to re- open her case was later accepted by the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Rimsha and her family were in hide out since her release from the prison fearful for their lives before leaving Pakistan.