. Dear followers we need your financial support to continue reporting you the voice of Christians in trouble. [Donate here]

Thatta: Hindu woman victim of sexual assault, forced conversion and trafficking claims police denied to lodge her complaint


A 30-years-old Hindu woman, who was subjected to heinous sexual assault, forced conversion and later forced into prostitution revealed her ordeal in a press conference held on Friday, July 29. The victim resident of Thatta, Sindh is seeking justice with the help of an advocacy group. During the press conference she revealed that police was reluctant to register an FIR over her complaint.

Forced conversions of Hindu girls in Pakistan

“When I took my complaint to the Thatta police, nobody took me seriously and the staff there started laughing. I was told to go to the house of DSP Makli for FIR’s registration,” she said while adding that a police official sexually harassed her.

Also Read: Government is responsible to provide security to religious minorities says MNA Asiya Nasir

While narrating her ordeal she said that she landed in trouble when in 2008, she became friends with a man namely Shahbaz, resident of Mirpur Sakro. He convinced her to meet him outside her house and kidnapped her when she came to meet her. “They took me to an unknown place where I was confined in a dark room for 20 days, beaten and raped. Then I was sold and taken to Nawabshah.” she said.

She said that in Nawabshah, she was forced into a fake marriage with a Muslim namely Javed Khaskheli, and was forced to convert. Following her forced conversion, she was forced by her so called husband into prostitution. She said that she tried to escape twice but was punished inhumanely.

“I was burnt and initially admitted to a hospital in Nawabshah and later to the Combined Military Hospital in Hyderabad. I was told that I should identify myself as the wife of Javed.” Her persecutors even tried to poison her.

She said that she spent about six years in Hyderabad in captivity, however one day she managed to break away reached her home in Thatta. “With the help of a friend, I came to a court in Karachi,” she said.

Police were allegedly not willingly to register the case, according to Advocate Zia Awan, “On Thatta police’s insistence that the case didn’t fall in their jurisdiction and that the Mirpur Sakro police should be contacted, we asked the victim to go to the latter. But they also refused to register the case. Both police stations have accepted the complaint, though,” he said.