Two pass away, while two others in critical condition after consuming toxic alcohol.
News is, that four persons, residents of Lahore’s Youhanabad area had consumed toxic alcohol, as a result of which two had expired, while two others have been admitted in the hospital in critical condition. Initially all four of them had been rushed to Lahore’s General hospital where two of them succumbed to death. The incident reportedly occurred on late night on Sunday, January 17.
The four who had consumed toxic alcohol have been identified as Boota, Gohar, Maqsood and Asim. It has been learnt that Boota and Gohar expired on Monday January 18, while Maqsood and Asim are battling for their lives in General hospital.
According to the police, after consuming the toxic alcohol, all four of them started vomiting, as their condition became worse. While according to their families, it is not known that from whom they had bought the liquor.
The dead bodies of Boota and Gohar were transported to local morgue for a post-mortem by the Nishtar Colony police. While speaking to the media in this regard, the Station House Officer (SHO) Muhammad Raza said that samples of the toxic liquor had been taken by the police for lab forensic examination which may certify if it contained methanol. “The four people were permit holders. We will record the statements of the survivors after doctors allow us to do so,” SHO Muhammad Raza said.